Zucchini is a summer staple and we’ve put our best together sweet zucchini recipes and savory zucchini recipes.
Whether you’re looking for zucchini bread, taco-zucchini boats, zucchini lasagna or something in between, you’ve come to the right place!
We love zucchini
We are nearing the end of summer and the zucchini are growing like wildfire! You either have a garden with lots of zucchini coming out of your ears or you have that one friend who keeps leaving their extra zucchini on your doorstep.
What is zucchini? Zucchini is a green summer squash that is extremely easy to grow in many American climates.
Is zucchini a fruit or a vegetable? Because zucchini have seeds and grow from a flowering plant, they are considered a fruit.
Zucchini is a great fruit for many reasons. It is easy to prepare as a grill side dish and can be served sweet (e.g. courgette bread) or savory (e.g. courgette lasagna).
Health benefits of zucchini
From a nutritional point of view, zucchini is a first class fruit.
- 0g fat
- rich in B6, folic acid and vitamin C.
- rich in magnesium
- less calories
- 33 calories / 1 medium zucchini
Top 5 Best Zucchini Recipes
If you’re looking for a tried and true zucchini recipe that has been rated 5 stars, stop here! Here are our top 5 zucchini recipes that you will love.
- Parmesan baked zucchini
- Healthy zucchini bread
- Zucchini muffins in a bowl
- Zuchini lasagna
- Taco zucchini boats
Parmesan baked zucchini
Parmesan Baked zucchini is such a simple and delicious recipe. Everyone gets their vegetables with these zucchini coins tossed in olive oil, parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic.
Healthy zucchini bread
Make yourself some bread healthy zucchini bread made from 100% whole grain and without butter! This zucchini bread is perfect for a simple breakfast or a light afternoon snack!
Zucchini muffins in a bowl
This zucchini muffin recipe is sweetened with banana, maple syrup, and coconut sugar and uses 100% white whole wheat flour.
This vegetarian zucchini lasagna combines all the delicious flavors of Italian cuisine with a healthy Midwestern twist!
Taco zucchini boats
Spice up the taco night with these low carb and delicious taco zucchini boats! They are ready to eat in less than 30 minutes and can be cooked on the grill or in the oven. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4th medium-sized zucchini, sliced ¼-Inch rounds (~ 4 cups)
- 1.75 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 ° F. Spray the hot air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Next, put the sliced zucchini in a bowl and mix with olive oil. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt to a bowl and mix.
- Brush each oiled zucchini through the parmesan mixture. Make sure that the zucchini rounds are completely covered with the parmesan mixture. Place each round of zucchini on a separate plate.
- Once all of the rounds are coated, line the bottom of the air fryer with the coated zucchini. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to cook the zucchini in multiple servings.
- Spray the zucchini with nonstick cooking spray and cook the zucchini in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove the zucchini from the air fryer with a spatula or fork.
- Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1/6
Keywords: Zucchini recipes
More zucchini recipes
- Grilled zucchini
- Chocolate Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini chocolate chip waffles
- Spiraled vegetables
- Air fryer zucchini
- Zucchini Salad
- Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies
- Baked oatmeal with brown butter zucchini
- Simple ratatouille